My Sister, Sylvia Wiens Memories
- In her 80's Mom would remind us that she was ready to "go" because she was well past her "due date".
- She would say, "Don't feel bad when I die because I have had a good run and I can't kick"
- In their more mobile days, we enjoyed taking Mom and Aunt Mary out for lunch-- it never failed that when their very full plates were placed in front of them, they would both comment that it was way too much food, and that they would never be able to eat all of it! It also never failed that their plates were so clean they almost didn't need washing.
- After Mom moved to Arborview, (a Wellness Suite in Pleasant Manor) and received regular baths, the PSW's (Personal Social Workers) informed me that Mom, always a teacher, would try to teach them the names of the body parts in French.
- During one of my visits, Mom and I were "trapped"in the hall outside of the chapel with a few other residents. She decided that would be a good time to break into a lusty rendition of the French National Anthem. Fortunately the residents with whom we were trapped, were used to odd behaviour, and didn't seem to mind.
- As Mom aged, she occasionally lamented the changes that were happening. On one occasion , she stated , "My hearing's getting worse every day. So is my eyesight. I'd better die soon, or I'll be a terrible nuisance!" Just one example of how Mom so often put the needs of others before her own.
Charles Pedley says ....
Today, April 28th, 2019 my mother Lilian C Pedley né Wallingford, passed away quietly in St. Catharines General Hospital at 6 AM.
I will miss her a lot. I feel lonely because no Pedleys are left in Canada or the USA that I know of, that are connected to my Dad!
She will be buried in my father's grave at Lakeshore Cemetery, on Lakeshore Road, Niagara on the Lake.
Dad's Purchased "Property"
Dad called me in the way back and said, "We just made an investment in some property!"
I asked, "Really???"
Where is it? How big is it?
Dad said, "Oh about 6 feet long and 6 feet deep and about 3 feet wide! :) He got a great deal because up to that time back in the 70's (?) no one wanted Plot B13.
I guess they thought it was unlucky! If you are dead, how much "unluck" can be left over??? :)
Because my wife Ellen is sick this Spring 2019, I had to cancel our planned trip to the U.K. just to see all the beautiful places Dad talked about and we have seen on TV on shows like "Doc Martin" and "Escape to the Country"
Maybe we can go next year, 2020!
My niece Kim Salierno's & Other Grandchildren's Memories of our mother Lilian C Pedley.
Yes I am just getting to it now :)
That is the month my book, Joyful Mourning - A True Love Story was printed!
I am almost ready to have it posted on Amazon. I used CreateSpace and am awaiting the final (I hope!) proofs to arrive. Below is my Kindle cover found on Amazon.